We are an enthusiastic, group of parents and carers, who are keen to be part of secondary school life and to keep the connection with school, which is sometimes lost when students start their secondary education.
We have a common interest which is simply to raise funds to make a difference - by providing the school with the “extras” which normal funding cannot always stretch to, making our children’s learning experience so much more fulfilling and exciting.
Belvidere has a thriving PTA who organise a wide variety of activities throughout the year including our 100 club, car boot sales, social evenings and our popular school discos once a term, open to Key Stage 3 students. We also provide refreshments at all of our school shows, plays and concerts ensuring that our audiences and performers are well looked after.
The PTA meets once per half term to plan events and all parents/carers are most welcome to join. The PTA is always on the lookout for new fund raising ideas, it might be that something worked well for you at your child’s primary school or you have an idea you would like to try – please do get in touch if this is the case.
The money we have raised from all our events has funded:
- Year 10 celebration of achievement
- Science equipment
- Technology equipment
- Sports equipment
- Supporting the games club with board games
- Year 11 Leavers Day fun afternoon
- Books for every Year 7 student
- Defibrillator for the school
- Summer school activities
You can get involved by:
- Joining the 100 Club
- Encourage your children to support the discos and car boots
- Bring your family & friends to the events we organise
- Have a chat to us when you drop your child off at the Year 7 Disco
- Everyone is welcome to come to any of our meetings - we would delighted to talk to you and you can meet the full team.