The Pastoral team work hard to include all students in the everyday life of our school. We are passionate about enabling every student to access a full and varied curriculum that meets their needs.
It is vital that any school maintains all children in full time education and this is not only an educational priority but a social one.
Excluded children become the most vulnerable in the community. It can act to exacerbate difficult circumstances in their family life, increasing levels of stress and disruption. It is suggested that excluded children are more likely to become involved in crime. With this in mind, our students can access the Personalised Learning Centre (PLC). The PLC Manager provides a structured and safe environment to enable learners to flourish.
The PLC seeks to:
- Improve achievement
- Improve behaviour and relationships
- Work with teaching staff to identify the educational needs of the students
- Work collaboratively with parents
- Create a positive ethos and profile within the school
- Provide high quality support
If you would like any more information on either of these areas please contact Mrs C Davis