All staff at Belvidere work hard to include all students in everyday life at school. We are passionate about enabling every student to access a full curriculum that meets their needs.
The Personalised Learning Centre (PLC) exists to support students who hit a ‘bump in the road’ on their school journey; this may be due to a family issue, mental health problem, struggles with friendships or an injury which makes moving around the school difficult.
The PLC can also provide a short-term alternative to a full curriculum for students who are not attending school or who are at risk of exclusion. Children who refuse or struggle to attend school or who are excluded from school become the most vulnerable in the community. Non-attendance or exclusion can also exacerbate difficulties in family life, increasing levels of stress and disruption. Worryingly, excluded children are also more likely to become involved in crime.
The PLC provides a supportive, safe & structured environment which enables learners to get back on track and flourish.
The PLC manager offers high quality support in order to:
- support academic progress,
- improve behaviour and relationships
- identify successful ways of working with individuals and share these with colleagues
- ensure successful collaboration with parents/carers
- maintain a positive ethos and profile within the school
The PLC is one route to accessing internal and external pastoral interventions such as:
- Anger management (all Years)
- Behaviour Coaching (KS3)
- Friendship Coaching (KS3)
- Friendship groups for our new students (Year 7)
- Self-esteem workshops (all Years)
- “No Worries” CBT workshops (KS3)
- Trivolle (Years 7 & 8)
- School Nursing Team (all Years)