Support with homework:Students should ensure that they fully understand the homework when it is first set, asking the teacher for help if necessary. If they find a piece of homework difficult, they should speak to their teacher at the first opportunity, not leaving it until the last minute, in order to ask for help.
Homework HubsWe provide two homework hubs, Breakfast Homework Hub and Afterschool Homework Hub for students to sit and complete their homework, with friends, in a relaxed, informal atmosphere. Computers are available and support if required. During the Breakfast session, students can enjoy a snack and drink while they are working.
All breakfast Homework Hub sessions are from 8.00 - 8.30am Monday to Friday
MONDAY YEAR 7 - ROOM 7
TUESDAY YEAR 8 - ROOM 29
WEDNESDAY YEAR 9 - ROOM 21
THURSDAY YEAR 10 - ROOM 15C
FRIDAY YEAR 11 - ROOM 40
After school Homework Hub sessions run Monday to Thursday from 3.05 - 4.00pm
MONDAY YEAR 7 - ROOM 7 YEAR 8 - ROOM 29
TUESDAY YEAR 10 - ROOM 15C YEAR 9 - ROOM 21
WEDNESDAY YEAR 7 - ROOM 7 YEAR 8 - ROOM 29
THURSDAY YEAR 9 - ROOM 21 YEAR 11 - ROOM 40
Please see Mrs Brown for further information
How you can help your child with their homeworkThe support of parents and carers is essential with homework, through encouragement, help and monitoring. This can be done by:
- monitoring homework and asking them to explain what they have been studying
- listening to them and reading what they have written
- checking presentation, handwriting and spelling
- testing them on learning homework
- checking and signing their homework diary
- suggesting an appropriate time and place, without distractions, to complete their homework on time and to a good standard.
- praising students when homework is completed on time and to a good standard
Parents are encouraged to use the homework diary to write comments to the form tutor or teacher regarding any problems with any homework.
If you feel that your child is spending too long on a piece of homework, please make a note either on the piece of work or in the homework diary, to let us know.