We want to work closely with all of our parents and carers to ensure the regular communication between home and School remains strong.
Contacting the School via email
We aim to ensure that we are able to best support the children in our care whilst managing the wellbeing and workload of our staff team. In order to continue to support our parents and carers by responding to parental queries at the earliest opportunity we have set out our ambition for positive communication below.
During a normal day whilst prioritising the smooth running of our School, staff may not be able to respond to emails straight away. In addition, for the wellbeing of our staff, we do not expect staff to respond to emails during their personal/family time.
Expectations for email/phone communications between parents / carers and our staff:
1. Typically emails from parents/carers will be responded to during school working hours (8.30 am – 4.00 pm)
2. Our staff will respond to you as quickly as possible and typically within two working days. This does not include weekends or holidays. Part-time staff may take longer to reply. If a response is urgent or in relation to a safeguarding issue, please call school. The administration team will assess the level of urgency and pass it on to the appropriate member of staff.
3. When calling School, please be aware that it is unlikely that the reception team will be able to put you through to a specific member of staff. Whilst I appreciate that sometimes a call might be emotionally charged, normal courtesies are extended to the staff taking those calls.
4. Emails should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org FAO: name(s) of the member(s) of staff.
5. Please do not use the reply function on emails you receive from School.
We will continue to monitor our approach to communications to improve the process further and welcome any feedback you may have.