At Belvidere we expect parents and carers to support us in ensuring that students have excellent attendance. We know that excellent attendance has an impact on progress and examination success and is also a positive habit for young people to develop in preparation for their working lives. We expect all students to strive for 100% attendance and our attendance officer will be in touch if your child’s attendance is falling below 95%. If a student has to miss school due to Covid 19 symptoms or has to self-isolate the school will apply an attendance code which does not affect the overall attendance of your child.
Excellent Attendance Counts
If the attendance of a student falls below 90% this means that they miss:
- ½ a day per week
- 4 weeks per year
- ½ a year over their 5 year school career
N.B-Two weeks holiday in term time = 50 lost lessons
What to do if your child is absent
We understand that there are occasions when attendance may not be possible due to illness or a medical condition and ask that parents/carers follow the school absence procedure and keep us informed of reasons for absence on a daily basis.
Please support our attendance policy by not taking your children out of school for holidays during term time. Any holiday which is taken during school time will be unauthorised.
Give your child the best chance of success; get them IN TO LEARN every day!
Procedure for reporting absence
|If your child is unwell, or unable to attend for any other reason (medical or dental appointment, etc.), please telephone the school on 01743 235073 (24h answerphone) before 9.30 on the first day of absence
1. LEAVE A MESSAGE BY CHOOSING OPTION 1 (Reporting a student absence)
2. GIVE YOUR NAME AND YOUR CHILD’S NAME, FORM AND REASON FOR THEIR ABSENCE.
3. IF YOU KNOW YOUR CHILD WILL BE ABSENT FOR A FEW DAYS PLEASE GIVE THE DATE YOU EXPECT THEM TO RETURN TO SCHOOL
4. IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHEN YOUR CHILD WILL RETURN IT IS VERY IMPORTANT THAT YOU RING AGAIN EACH MORNING BEFORE 9:30.
5. IF WE DO NOT RECEIVE A MESSAGE EXPLAINING YOUR CHILD’S ABSENCE BY 9.30AM YOU WILL RECEIVE AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE FROM THE SCHOOL
PLEASE REMEMBER IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO INFORM THE SCHOOL
THESE PROCEDURES ARE IN PLACE TO SAFEGUARD YOUR CHILD